Challenge & Solution
Dr Oetker Baking challenged us to create a media relations campaign around a one-off big, baking occasion, The Platinum Jubilee of HM, the late Queen Elizabeth II. Specifically, we were challenged to generate press and influencer product placement coverage for its Jubilee range, host a consumer facing activation to drive brand awareness and showcase the client’s wider product range. All coverage to land by one week ahead of the Jubilee.
We created a pop-up gallery in Windsor to display portraits of the Queen made from real cakes, using the images and recipes to show the history of her reign and of the nation’s cake eating habits. This was underpinned with news around the nation’s Jubilee baking plans and press office and gifted influencer product placement.
Results & ROI
- 900 guests visited the pop-up gallery
- Post-event sell-in achieved 54 hits, including national pieces via The Sun, Daily Mirror, Daily Star and You Magazine
- 94% of this coverage featured a brand spokesperson and a reference to the new Jubilee recipes
- Product placement generated six hits via titles including The Sun and 12 influencer posts, each of which featured the client NPD alongside established products.
- Generated 13.95M impressions in total – what’s more, visits to the client Instagram went up by 273% during the campaign live period