Challenge & Solution
We announced that established baby gear brand Joie became the official stadium naming partner of the Academy Stadium, making it the first Barclays Women’s Super League club to secure stadium naming rights.
As a commercial partnership primarily, we wanted to find a way to communicate the importance of the collaboration within the bigger cultural context, promoting the authenticity and shared values while resonating with consumers.
To do this, we quite literally gifted the stadium, wrapping a giant Joie branded ribbon around the stadium walls. We invited the UK’s media to our photocall to capture the ribbon cutting moment, while running interviews for three players simultaneously with a mix of live, pre-record and junket-style set ups.
We then ‘kicked off’ the WSL in the best way. Extending the partnership further, we celebrated the first game of the season by hosting a family-freindly VIP party for influencers and media (in the stadium’s hospitality suite no less!), putting Joie’s values front and centre.
Results & ROI
- A total of 900+ coverage hits across broadcast national, consumer, regional & online titles
- Over 20 gold tier broadcast interviews undertaken over a 30minute period, including Sky News, BBC, ITV and LBC, where key stadium and kit branding featured heavily
- 17 national placements where all of the campaign key messages were communicated
- Over a quarter of a million organic influencer reach
- Maxed-out media and influencer event