16 OF OUR SWEETEST FORMER STAFF TO CELEBRATE A SWEET 16 YEARS IN BUSINESS
Brazen has always been a creative melting pot of talent, attracting the brightest PR and social media stars in the business.
This isn’t more true than when we take a trip down memory lane. So let’s remind ourselves of some of our former colleagues who have taken on the world in rock star style.
As it’s our 16th birthday this year, we wanted to celebrate 16 previous Brazenites who have scaled the dizzy heights of their careers since passing through our doors.
Within this glittering list of 16, we’ve got eight company owners or founders and they’ve not just gone on to set up their own PR agencies. Deb Todd has her own sportswear brand, which she has fearlessly been promoting for the past few years. She’s driving great coverage for Zaazee, which regularly appears on front covers of sports magazines. While James Adam discovered a passion and talent for content creation during his Brazen years and has gone onto to build his own successful video production agency, A Cunning Plan.
Our sweet 16ers are also a well travelled bunch. Helen Mitchell now lives in Dubai and is Senior Communications Manager for The Walt Disney Company, while Kate Greville has also sought out the sun and is managing director of Q Comms in Abu Dhabi. Tomos Evans headed stateside and co-founded We Are Swell.
Closer to home, Daisy Pickles, Jennifer O’Grady, Graeme Anthony and Kirsty Hunt are all still in Manchester running their own highly successful PR agencies. While Marcella Keenan is a top-notch PR consultant and fashion editor of Simply Abu Dhabi and Adam Moss went on to head up his own consumer PR team.
Just across the Pennines, Leah Spears and Mammy Maguire have carved out hugely successful careers at ASDA.
Last but not least, Michael Travers, Lorna O’Neill and Chris Dunne headed to the east coast and the bright lights of London. They are working for Norfolk Council comms team, head of marketing at Think Box and head of PR at Trainline.com in London respectively.
While we never like saying goodbye to our Brazenites, we can’t help but cheer and feel proud of what they’ve achieved since leaving us. We helped set them on their way – and hope they have as sweet a place in their hearts for Brazen as they have in ours.
Here’s the full list of our sweet 16ers, what are your memories of these guys?
- Leah Spears (was Watson) – Digital Director, Asda
- Jennifer O’Grady – Owner, Democracy PR
- Daisy Pickles (was Whitehouse) – Owner, Down at the Social
- Kirsty Hunt – Owner, PR Boutique
- Tomos Evans – Owner, We are Swell, USA
- Mammy Maguire (was Kufuor) – Digital Manager, Asda
- Helen Mitchell (was Pickerill) – Senior Communications Manager, The Walt Disney Company
- Kate Greville – Managing Partner, Q Comms Dubai
- Chris Dunne – Head of Marketing – Think Box
- Graeme Anthony – MD – Manc Frank
- Michael Travers – Communications – Norfolk County Council
- Deb Todd – CEO, Zaazzee
- James Adam – Owner, Cunning Plan
- Lorna O’Neill – Head of UK Public Relations, Trainline
- Marcella Clarke (was Keenan) – Fashion Editor – Simply Abu Dhabi
- Adam Moss – Head of Consumer, Roland Dransfield
Want more information? Contact us here