My First 5 Months at Brazen PR
Just 10 months ago I was on a Graphic Design course at Oldham College, I didn’t think it was going to go anywhere, anytime soon. I assumed that I would carry on with my course for another two years, and hopefully go to university or get a job working somewhere in the industry.
This of course all changed when I got offered a one-week work experience placement through college, at Brazen.
I instantly fell in love with Brazen, everything from the people who work here to the brands they work with. From the get-go, it just seemed like such a fun company to work for!
Brazen specialises in all kinds of content, from; GIFs, animation, infographics, live broadcast to stop motion- the team are experts in creating content and how it lives across PR and social media. This was a great opportunity for me to learn from the experts, and take my knowledge to the next level.
When I finished my week-long placement, I remember thinking, that hopefully I’ll work full-time for a company like this one day- little did I know that this hope would in fact come true.
It had been roughly two months since my week at Brazen, I had just finished my first year at college and I was wondering what would be next… this is when Brazen got in touch with me and asked if I would like to come back and do another two weeks work experience, at the end of that two weeks, I must have impressed someone because I was asked if I would like to extend my work experience for another two weeks.
Four months passed at Brazen, where I have been mentored by Sarah (Creative Producer), who has taken me under her wing, and I have learnt so much.
Much to my delight, I’ve been offered the opportunity of a lifetime, to be Brazen’s first ever apprentice. Of course, I said yes- it was a no-brainer!
And now, five months and a Christmas party later, I feel like I am part of the Brazen family, so far it has been such a life-changing experience. I have met some amazing people, and worked on so many fantastic projects, all while learning valuable skills- I would just like to thank all of my colleagues for making the past year so great!
My top five tips for a new apprentice in the industry.
- You have to be enthusiastic. Enthusiasm is key, it shows you’re interested in the jobs you’re working on and that you’re willing to help on any project.
- You must be responsible. It was a big change going from college to a job, before you could come and go as you wanted, but working involves a lot more commitment.
- Try and be friendly with everyone in the office! I have a long way to go until I know everybody, but I try and talk to a different person every day, this really helps with growing your confidence.
- Go to as many team events as possible, getting to chat and socialise with the team when everyone is relaxed, really helps you to get to know people properly.
- Just enjoy yourself. If you enjoy the work you are creating it will show in the end product.
Want more information? Contact us here